My client is a manufacturer for over 50 years. Within the company there exists a core of highly skilled, experienced, loyal and committed individuals many of which have been with the company for a number of years. We are now in need of a new member of staff in the testing/assembly area in order to increase current production levels.
Main duties will include general engineering assembly/fitting and pressure testing of hydraulic cylinders. The role entails building hydraulic cylinders whilst checking all measurements match engineering drawings to ensure the cylinders have been manufactured to a high standard. The cylinders will need setting up on the company test rig to pressurise the cylinders and check for leaks. In addition the role will require you to fault find and repair hydraulic cylinders.
Job Skills and Requirements
– Previous mechanical assembly/fitting experience essential. Ideally from the Aerospace industry
– Must have experience of working in an engineering environment.
– The ability to understand and use various measuring equipment.
– The ability to understand and read engineering drawings.
– A hands on methodical worker with high standards.
– Must be able to work to tight deadlines and high targets due to the fast paced nature of the role.
– Maintain good housekeeping.
– Adhere to health and safety regulations and rules.
– Salary dependent upon experience.