We currently require an experienced Fluid Power (Hydraulic) Systems Designer to design control systems and produce both pneumatic power and electrical schematics for automated equipment. These systems include hydraulic power units, integrated hydraulic manifolds and the interfacing of electronics to hydraulics, and electrical panel layout.
- Proficient in Automation Studio, Solidworks and MS Office software packages.
- Apply international fluid power and electrical industry design standards and best engineering practices.
- Generate fluid power systems and electrical system specifications and drawing packages.
- Design electro‐hydraulic systems to include hydraulic power units, integrated hydraulic manifolds, the interfacing of electronics to hydraulics, and electrical panel layout.
- Produce mechanical and structural designs.
- Generate routing and design of high pressure hydraulic piping.
- Work with Technical Author to ensure complete system documentation.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline
- Fluid Power System Designer IFPS Specialist Certification is preferable
- A high level of experience in 3D modelling of parts, complex assemblies and producing 2D manufacturing drawings within SolidWorks.
- Minimum of 5 years’ practical hands-on experience of hydraulic system design, to include hydraulic power unit design, integrated manifold design and interfacing electrical/electronics to hydraulic systems for heavy duty industrial equipment.
- Solid background in hydraulic system design, including the selection and application of hydraulic components for hydraulic power systems.
- Proficiency in mechanical design, power transmission component design and machine design, including shaft stress analysis, reducer selection, bearing life calculations, cylinder design and sizing.