We are recruiting for an exciting position of a Valve Product Manager who has previously had great success in a similar role. The Valve Product Manager will be identifying and developing products and services that provide value to customers.
They will develop, communicate, and execute comprehensive product strategy, including an integrated approach across all functional areas in the business. By leveraging sound understanding of market potential for the product, they will develop strategies to maximise market share of wallet across industry segments and geographies.
- Develop and implement the product strategy and market positioning for the product line
- Collaborate with the sales and service teams to maximise product performance and achieve revenue objectives
- Monitor product performance and develop the recovery plans to achieve the performance targets
- Provide leadership and direction to all business units to achieve the strategic targets
- Provide leadership, coaching, mentoring and training to product team and conduct performance evaluations against outlined objectives
- Identify opportunities and coordinate new product and service development in new and existing markets
- Manage product lifecycle through expansion and rationalisation of the product range where possible
- Manage market assessments, competitive evaluations, product development activities and customer needs analysis
- Manage Voice of Customer data capture to help evaluate performance, quality, functionality and product development initiatives
- Identify, select and manage distribution networks within selected regions to increase sales revenues, setting pricing for re-sellers and distributors to increase market share
- Develop pricing policies, inventory requirements and route to market strategies
- Work closely with Operations and Supply Chain to achieve the desired product quality standards at the predetermined (market related) cost levels
- Evaluate product profit statements and identify levers to maximise margin.
- Develop and maintain robust supply chain partnerships to offer customers “1 stop shop” for turnkey valve supply, partnering with key suppliers for packaging.
- Liaise with aftermarket business functions to ensure all MRO opportunities are captured, along with valve replacement / repair and overhaul
- Coordinate product trials and develop detailed case studies incorporating process conditions by commodity and application
- Coordinate with marketing a promotions campaign to both internal and targeted external audiences.
- Publish success stories and editorials as part of an integrated marketing communications strategy
- Ensure adherence to corporate and product brand guidelines
- Engage with sales network to ensure that opportunities, quotes and activities are logged and tracked in the Divisional CRM tool.
- Develop strategies with other product teams to develop and package integrated solutions (notably project tenders)
- Ensure efficient cost management (self and team)
- Ensure adherence to limits of authority (self and team)
- Provide technical and marketing information and reports as required
- Ensure adherence to HSE and housekeeping requirements on site and at customer sites
- Provide Monthly report covering sales, market activity, competitors and other pertinent information to GPM
- Update and maintain installed base
- Assist in ensuring the Regions provide two case studies per year
- Look for potential acquisition opportunities
Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree (mechanical / industrial / metallurgical / chemical) ideally.
- This role can be based from UK or EU countries
- Written and English speaking, other European languages would be advantageous
- Above average competence in Microsoft (Excel, Word and Powerpoint)
- Strong level of commercial acumen that supports business strategy and growth
- Experience in product managing Valves
- Over 2+ years proven experience in a similar role for a recognised company
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts
- Travel across Europe will be required on a regular basis