My client is a manufacturer of Hydraulic products for over 50 years. Within the company there exists a core of highly skilled, experienced, loyal and committed individuals many of which have been with the company for a number of years. We are now in need of a new member of staff in the testing/assembly area in order to increase current production levels.
Main duties will include general engineering assembly/fitting and pressure testing of hydraulic cylinders. The role entails building hydraulic cylinders whilst checking all measurements match engineering drawings to ensure the cylinders have been manufactured to a high standard. The cylinders will need setting up on the company test rig to pressurise the cylinders and check for leaks. If the cylinder fails the tests you will be responsible for identifying the issue and action to fix.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Must have experience of working in an engineering production environment.
- Previous mechanical assembly/fitting experience essential.
- The ability to understand and use various measuring equipment.
- The ability to understand and read engineering drawings.
- A hands on methodical worker with high standards.
- Previous experience with hydraulics preferred.
- Must be able to work to tight deadlines and high targets due to the fast paced nature of the role.
- Maintain good housekeeping.
- Adhere to health and safety regulations and rules.
- Salary dependent upon experience. Training will be provided to the right candidate who has experience working in a production environment.