My client is a manufacturer of Hydraulic products for over 50 years. Within the company there exists a core of highly skilled, experienced, loyal and committed individuals many of which have been with the company for a number of years. We are looking for a motivated individual to join this well established and thriving company at the forefront of the manufacturing industry.
The role will comprise of working closely with the production manager to provide capacity planning, production planning / master scheduling and production scheduling. The production planner is required to ensure customer requirements are carefully scheduled to satisfy customer deliveries, as well as implementing an MRP system to replace the current systems in place. This role is an exciting opportunity and ideal for somebody looking for a long term future with a company moving forward.
- Management of production scheduling.
- To communicate with other Operations staff and service departments regarding production information and plans and to highlight in advance any potential problems.
- Implement Emax MRP system onto the production shopfloor.
- Lead time, yield management for.
- Management of controls for Manufactured and procured items.
- Development and management of the planning process
- Demand Planning and forecasting for all areas, capacity planning, Scheduling and Demand Planning for all operational activities.
- Maintain work centre schedules to ensure proper job scheduling and capacity limitations are understood and communicated when necessary
- Generates production schedules and highlight material and labour shortages. Production planning of workflow from order through to completion, planning capacity to ensure customer deliveries are made on time.
- Providing accurate daily forecasts, analyse sales forecast changes and communicate issues to material schedulers, production managers and supervisors.
- Management of the implementation of Engineering change.
- Must have previous experience within Production planning / Production Control / Production Scheduling within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Material Master Maintenance, Bom’s, routings, work centre and labour reporting.
- MRP software and excellent Excel capabilities
- Capacity and production planning/scheduling experience.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge of manufacturing techniques.
- Able to initiate changes and improvements to the planning process